Thursday, February 25, 2010
Seminarian Complaint
Complaining as a seminarian is a useful as a beaver on top of a mountain. And of course I realize that my complaints are not really worthy of being voiced as compared to other peoples' real problems. That being said, why do we have so much cursed writing? The amount of papers and assignments that I have now has completely doubled since when I first came to seminary over 5 years ago. I remember the days when it was said if you could get past 2nd Theology, than you were golden, good to go, assuming you had a vocation. Now, it seems like they believe we should all be master Theologians, Historians, and Liturgist before we leave. Everyone who is not a seminarian will say this is great but that is because the are not writing papers everyday. I'm tired now, but I'm sure once I'm ordained I will be thankful for all the hard work. I look forward to telling future seminarians my old war stories about how I had to work all the time and go to dumb countless meetings in the snow, up hill, both ways, and with very little food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
like a beaver on top of a mountain. awesome.
Post a Comment